This just in:
So Jeff has still had some panic attacks happening here and there. Not as frequent, but they still happen.
He had one last night, and we think the anxiety about finding a certain reed making tool built up for a while (it's a shaper tip and looks like THIS). After looking for the thing most of the day, the panic hit him when he finally decided to stop looking for the day.
We're still working on getting Jeff in with a counselor (psychologist) at our clinic, we at least started the info session process...
Jeff is asking that you still pray for him/us.
It's kind of frightening that after what seems a long time, and after a while of not really experiencing a "bad" panic attack, that they still happen and come back. We really just want to move on and really hope that they will go away so that Jeff can be panic attack free!
I have been dealing with some other issues, stemming from my teaching and library jobs. The library job that I do is pretty flexible. I can work from home most days and can more or less determine my schedule. But with what was going on earlier this summer, I kind of neglected it and really didn't plan enough in advance, so I felt quite behind schedule when I did finally get around to doing my job properly. I'm hoping that everything will work out, but I feel like I haven't done my best at that job and it had been eating at me for a while.
As far as the teaching goes, I felt like I was putting more or less everything into that, waiting to hear when I'd take over students, etc. I thought I'd be taking over more students than I'm actually going to be getting, so I've been dealing with the rejection and not feeling valuable because of it. I guess I'm used to working hard for something and then achieving my goal! Feels weird when that's out of my control and it's good for me to learn how to deal with this now, rather than after several years, I suppose.
I think it'll work out to be alright, the school where I'm teaching offers me a lot of support and I can really grow and develop there. I'll be pretty busy there in the fall, and with the Library work I think I'll have plenty to do.
I think the fact that I've actually been going throw some growing pains has probably not helped Jeff either, because we've been trying to figure out the balance of how to support each other while we're both going through different things :) It's a growing process for both of us, and we're getting there.
I found a really cool app that I put on my phone, it'll send you verses throughout the day! It's called GoTandem I think it's brilliant these things exist!
We have a recital coming up in Dixon, IL on Sept. 21. Keep an eye out for more details!
stay positive and work through it......
ReplyDelete