For Jeff that has looked like running a couple of miles every other day, so that he can work on his breath control. The running also helps him with his anxiety, it burns that extra adrenaline his body produces and uses it for something more useful that panicking :) We've also been taking walks very regularly, those get us away from the distractions in the apartment and in addition to talking things out, we walk them off.
For me, I've had a slightly different approach, since I'm still trying to figure out how to maneuver around an actual physical injury and I am in ok shape from the running. I've been trying to strengthen my shoulders and arms. I've found that the gentle stretching and the poses from doing yoga have helped my posture, strengthened my core and my shoulders and arms. I can't do a full 10 minute cycle of sun salutations without taking extra rests for my arms yet, but I WILL!! I've been using a great yoga app on my phone, that's been really helpful (and I hear the groans from the people I've already talked to about this!). It provides me with directions for posture, pacing, breathing, routines and training programs. Sometimes Jeff joins in on a routine. More often than not he'll watch me and laugh at me when I lose my balance!
Every day, Jeff is able to work on reeds longer and put in more time practicing. Time to annoy the neighbors!
Every day, Jeff is able to work on reeds longer and put in more time practicing. Time to annoy the neighbors!
No comments:
Post a Comment